The lettuce verse | Forum

Bro Steve Winter DD
Bro Steve Winter DD May 10 '13

Here we have one of the favorite verses of the trinity/antichrist preachers, except if we keep reading just one verse further; we see that verse 26 couldn't have possibly been referring to a discussion with other gods.  God was talking with the angels.

Genesis 1:26  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth,

and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

See in verse 27; it says "he" created, not "they" created. But as if that wasn't enough proof, we see in this next verse that God clearly and plainly declares that He did the creating, and I quote "by myself" 

Isaiah 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I [am] the LORD that maketh all [things]; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by

myself;

Isaiah 44:25 That frustrateth the tokens of the liars, and maketh diviners mad; that turneth wise [men] backward, and maketh their knowledge foolish;

God does not seem overly impressed with men's pet theories, does He? 

Isaiah 45:5  I [am] the LORD, and [there is] none else, [there is] no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: 

Isaiah 45:6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that [there is] none beside me. I [am] the LORD, and [there is] none else.

Now I have to submit that if there had been any other co-equal, co-eternal 1/3 gods around that Jehovah Saviour would have been aware of them, notice that He states, and I quote "there is none beside me". 

Isaiah 45:23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth [in] righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Isaiah 45:23 and Philippians 2:10 & 11 must be referring to the same person, whom all knees will eventually bow to. 

Philippians 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of [things] in heaven, and [things] in earth, and [things] under the earth;

Philippians 2:11 And [that] every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ [is] Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Now if you're having any trouble at all with thinking that verse 11 speaks of two gods, just take the comma out (the original language didn't have 'em)...and notice the consistent meaning, if we read the verse to mean that Jesus Christ is Lord of the glory of God the Father.  If that seems to be stretching things a bit, notice this next verse:

I Corinthians 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known [it], they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

See, it says that Jesus is the Lord of glory, but we see in this next verse that Jehovah Saviour states that He will not share His glory with any other....sooo we see that Jehovah Saviour allowed Himself to be crucified.

Isaiah 48:11 For mine own sake, [even] for mine own sake, will I do [it]: for how should [my name] be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another.

And if anyone with even the slightest bit of sincerity has any lingering doubt, Jesus said it about as plain as it could be said.

John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou [then], Shew us the Father?

John 14:15  If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16  And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17  Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18  I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Romans 8:9  But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of  Christ, he is none of his.

Notice how the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ is the same Spirit.  That same Spirit is the Spirit of Truth, or the Holy Ghost.

God is a Spirit.

John 4:24 God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth.

God is holy.

I Samuel 2:2  [There is] none holy as the LORD: for [there is] none beside thee: neither [is there] any rock like our God.

God is a "Holy Spirit".   Jesus is the "Spirit of truth"

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Jesus was "dwelling with them" and promised to be "in them".

John 14:17  [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

The "comforter" is the "Spirit of Christ"

John 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

The "Spirit of Christ" is the "Holy Spirit" is the "Spirit of Truth"

John 14:26 But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The Spirit of God visited His creation robed in flesh as the "Son".

I Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

The fullness of God is in Jesus Christ

Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Colossians 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Jesus IS the "everlasting Father".

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Those who believe that Jesus is a "separate person" from the "Father" don't really know Jesus at all.

John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou [then], Shew us the Father?

Bro. Winter

0 0 0