Baptism | Forum

Billy Vaughn
Billy Vaughn Apr 5 '13
See if you can find HOW the apostles baptized and what purpose it served. What was said in baptism, did they sprinkle or immerse? Your answer will be different than the denominations teach if you really study it out. Have fun. 
0 0 0
Bro Steve Winter DD
Bro Steve Winter DD May 27 '13
Quote from Abrahamkutty George
Quote from Billy Vaughn See if you can find HOW the apostles baptized and what purpose it served. What was said in baptism, did they sprinkle or immerse? Your answer will be different than the denominations teach if you really study it out. Have fun. 

Where is this Post ? I could not find.

It is not referring to a post but he is challenging people to do Bible study and research the answers.

Regards,

Bro. Winter 

0 0 0
Pam Horne
Pam Horne Oct 29 '13
Most people are so deluded with the lies they've been taught that unless God gives them understanding, literally takes the blinders off their eyes, they will never see the truth. When I left the Baptist "church" I was excited about the new Truth I'd found. I thought, "If I can only show these verses to people, they will see it and be as excited as I am." I thought I wouldn't have to leave the "church" because the people would all jump on board. Not so. People I've known my entire life, neighbors in my small rural community, friends of the family for the last 80+ years....every single one rejected my new beliefs. Many were angry at me. A few remained on good terms with me. After a couple of months I left that "church," never to return. Since then I've lost several of those elderly neighbors and I know they rejected the truth. People can read those verses about Jesus name baptism and somehow never see it unless God reveals it to them. It's like they're reading an entirely different Bible.
0 0 0
Bro Steve Winter DD
Bro Steve Winter DD Oct 29 '13

2Cor 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: 

2Cor 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Bro. Winter

0 0 0
Billy Martin
Billy Martin Nov 8 '13
Sis. Pam, I went through almost an identical thing. I am convinced that the Lord must open one's understanding to the Scriptures. How can one not see the Truth on the page... The Bible has a good explanation and Bro. Winter has already given the Scriptures.
0 0 0