Don't die as a fool dieth! | Forum

Bro Steve Winter DD
Bro Steve Winter DD Apr 12 '19

Don't die as a fool dieth!

Let us examine the scenario of a man that LEFT the secure protection that he had been provided by the GRACE of God, via the WORD of God.

Num 35:11   Then ye shall appoint you cities to be cities of refuge for you; that the slayer may flee thither, which killeth any person at unawares. 

Num 35:12   And they shall be unto you cities for refuge from the avenger; that the manslayer die not, until he stand before the congregation in judgment. 

Right after a bunch of death penalty statements for murder, there was a provision for what we might consider second degree murder or manslaughter.

Num 35:22   But if he thrust him suddenly without enmity, or have cast upon him any thing without laying of wait, 

Notice here "non-premeditated" murder.

Num 35:23   Or with any stone, wherewith a man may die, seeing him not, and cast it upon him, that he die, and was not his enemy, neither sought his harm: 

Num 35:24   Then the congregation shall judge between the slayer and the revenger of blood according to these judgments: 

Num 35:25   And the congregation shall deliver the slayer out of the hand of the revenger of blood, and the congregation shall restore him to the city of his refuge, whither he was fled: and he shall abide in it unto the death of the high priest, which was anointed with the holy oil. 

Num 35:26   But if the slayer shall at any time come without the border of the city of his refuge, whither he was fled; 

Num 35:27   And the revenger of blood find him without the borders of the city of his refuge, and the revenger of blood kill the slayer; he shall not be guilty of blood: 

Num 35:28   Because he should have remained in the city of his refuge until the death of the high priest: but after the death of the high priest the slayer shall return into the land of his possession. 

2 Sam 2:19   And Asahel pursued after Abner; and in going he turned not to the right hand nor to the left from following Abner. 

2 Sam 2:20   Then Abner looked behind him, and said, Art thou Asahel? And he answered, I am. 

2 Sam 2:21   And Abner said to him, Turn thee aside to thy right hand or to thy left, and lay thee hold on one of the young men, and take thee his armour. But Asahel would not turn aside from following of him. 

2 Sam 2:22   And Abner said again to Asahel, Turn thee aside from following me: wherefore should I smite thee to the ground? how then should I hold up my face to Joab thy brother? 

2 Sam 2:23   Howbeit he refused to turn aside: wherefore Abner with the hinder end of the spear smote him under the fifth rib, that the spear came out behind him; and he fell down there, and died in the same place: and it came to pass, that as many as came to the place where Asahel fell down and died stood still. 

Abner LEFT the city of refuge (just a few feet) to speak with Joab. "Come here, friend, I want to speak with you privately".

2 Sam 3:27   And when Abner was returned to Hebron, Joab took him aside in the gate to speak with him quietly, and smote him there under the fifth rib, that he died, for the blood of Asahel his brother. 

2 Sam 3:30   So Joab and Abishai his brother slew Abner, because he had slain their brother Asahel at Gibeon in the battle. 

King David spoke the epitaph.

2 Sam 3:33   And the king lamented over Abner, and said, Died Abner as a fool dieth? 

2 Sam 3:34   Thy hands were not bound, nor thy feet put into fetters: as a man falleth before wicked men, so fellest thou. And all the people wept again over him. 

Look closely, brethren.  What exactly was it that motivated Abner in a careless moment to ABANDON the safety of the Word of the Lord (for *just* a few moments)???  Look closely.... Could it be, that it was for:

F E L L O W S H I P                               ?

Those who engage in fellowship with trinitarians (or the infidels who embrace them) are throwing away their spiritual safety and life.

2 Cor 6:15   And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? 

2 Cor 6:16   And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 

2 Cor 6:17   Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 

2 Cor 6:18   And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. 

Those who do not come out from among them, and who are NOT separate, will NOT be received as sons and daughters by the Lord Almighty! DO NOT trade the SAFETY of the Word of God and the NAME of the Lord for the fellowship of devils and infidels.

Separateness and Holiness are NOT "options".

1 Cor 10:21   Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils. 

Bro. sTeve Winter DD

http://biblefolk.com/forum/4

0 0 0