Essential Basics of the Bible | Forum

Bro Steve Winter DD
Bro Steve Winter DD May 26 '20

Essential Basics of the Bible

There are some essential basics to understand the Bible and the religion of the Bible, Christianity. It is essential to know the order of events in the Bible.

We must understand when the Church started. During Matthew Mark Luke and John there was no Church. Christianity did not exist yet. When Jesus spoke of the Church He spoke in future tense. Consider when Jesus spoke to Peter and said:

Matthew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. 

19  And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. 

Let us also notice that Jesus told Peter that He was going to give him the keys. Notice also the future tense of the statement from Jesus.

The Church did not exist yet. Christianity did not exist yet. That is because Jesus had not yet given Himself as a sacrifice.  There was no "New Testament salvation" because the testator was still alive.

Hebrews 9:16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

Remember that Jesus gave Peter the keys to the kingdom and Peter used those keys in Acts 2:38 with the full support of all the other Apostles.  Before we study that I want to point out that one cannot reject Peter without rejecting Jesus.  Also I want to point out that one cannot reject Paul without rejecting Peter (as some weird cultists do in this hour). Note here that Peter declares the epistles of Paul to be scripture.

II Peter 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Now let us look at what Peter said would be the plan of salvation for all that God would call. Remember that Peter spoke on the authority given him by Jesus Christ Himself. (It is notable that some cults claim Peter as their "pope" while refusing to obey what Peter preached.

Notice that the men asked Peter and the rest of the Apostles what they should do.

Acts 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

It is purely the grace of God that offers the Acts 2:38 salvation to be obeyed or rejected.  Noah and his were saved by grace but only those who obeyed were saved. In the Bible when one is referred to as a believer it is because they obeyed Acts 2:38

Romans 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

Also there are disadvantages to those who refuse to obey the Gospel. (Yet many false-christian cults still declare that grace means there is nothing to obey in order to be saved.)

II Thessalonians 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,

8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

I Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

(Yet still we have false-christian cults deceiving the gullible telling them that there is nothing to obey to be saved.)

This is essential for understanding the Bible to know that Matthew Mark Luke and John are history before the Church was born. Jesus was still alive in the flesh.  Peter used the keys from Jesus in Acts 2:38.  It is notable that about 3000 people were baptized in Jesus Name that same day.

Acts 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Note that receivers of the Word were obeyers of the Word. Obedience was the only standard that the Apostles had to determine who the believers were. It is also the standard that God uses (remember the flaming fire thing).

Paul's epistles are letters written to the folks who had already obeyed Acts 2:38 to become Christians.  Romans is one of the favorite books that false-christian deceivers twist to deceive the gullible. But if we understand that the Romans (Church at Rome) had already obeyed Acts 2:38 to become Christians and were known for their obedience we can easily spot the deceivers.

Romans 1:5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

6 Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:

The folks that Paul was writing to in Rome were obeyers.  It is so important to know the basics of the Bible to see though the scripture twisters whose purpose is to talk you out of obeying the Bible to become a Christian.  Why would any real Christians be so afraid that someone might obey the Bible? The devil's preachers prey upon the ignorant.

Paul did not teach tolerance towards false preachers like trinitarian polytheists.

II Corinthians 11:12 But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we.

13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

On the subject of Paul's teaching about false preachers we find the only time in the entire Bible that a commandment is given and then repeated in the very next verse.

Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Let us remember as established above that one cannot reject Peter without rejecting Jesus Christ and that one cannot reject Paul without rejecting Peter.

Psalms 119:89 For ever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven.

Bro Steve Winter DD

http://biblefolk.com/forum/4

The Forum post is edited by Bro Steve Winter DD May 26 '20
0 0 0