Foundation of Theology | Forum

Bro Steve Winter DD
Bro Steve Winter DD May 12 '21

Matt 7:13 ¶Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Matt 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Matt 7:15 ¶Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

The devil knows that if you reject Acts 2:38 and never become a Christian that it won't matter what you do with all of the other verses.

Is your preacher teaching the "broad road" of modern denominal, polytheistic false-christianity?  It he teaching the importance of obeying the Bible or some sort of fake grace to deceive you into a comfortable disobedience of the Bible?

Mark 12:29  And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

30  And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

But who are we to love?  Can we just make up our own gods and worship whoever and however we please?

Jeremiah 2:11  Hath a nation changed their gods, which are yet no gods? but my people have changed their glory for that which doth not profit.

Jeremiah 5:7  How shall I pardon thee for this? thy children have forsaken me, and sworn by them that are no gods: when I had fed them to the full, they then committed adultery, and assembled themselves by troops in the harlots’ houses.

Jeremiah 16:20  Shall a man make gods unto himself, and they are no gods?

Guess not, eh?  Well how about if we just follow our hearts to lead us to the right thing to do?

Proverbs 28:26  He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.

Oops, trusting one's own heart isn't highly recommended either now is it?

Psalms 119:89  LAMED. For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.

So we can trust in the Word of God.

Matthew 24:35  Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

The identity of the God or "god" or "gods" being worshiped is of utmost importance to any religion.  If the head of the religion is fake then the whole religion is fake regardless of whether it has positive disciplines and "self-improvement".

Most of the modern "false-christianities" of this hour worship a man made "trinity" of separate persons invented for them by the early Roman Catholic Church.   All trinitarians are either Roman Catholic or "catholic lite"<tm>.   At the core of these false religions is the teaching that their god squad consists of three separate persons but is still a belief in only one "god". Huh?   That doesn't even make sense.   Ah, but it must be a "MYSTERY".  Anyway, you can read all about MYSTERY BABYLON in the book of Rev.   

Let us now instead focus on the truth regarding the identity of Jesus Christ and the counterfeits will be easy to spot.

While we humans (created in God's image) certainly have body, soul and spirit we are not each "three separate persons".  Though God manifested Himself as "Father, Son, and Holy Ghost" he is not "three separate persons" either.  When society encounters a man or woman who truly is three separate persons what does society do?   That's right we lock 'em up for their good and the good of society.  God did NOT create a man as three separate persons.

1) God is a Spirit.

John 4:24 God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth.

2) God is holy.

I Samuel 2:2  [There is] none holy as the LORD: for [there is] none beside thee: neither [is there] any rock like our God.

3) God is a "Holy Spirit".

4) Jesus is the "Spirit of truth"

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

5) Jesus was "dwelling with them" and promised to be "in them".

John 14:17  [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he

dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

6) The "comforter" is the "Spirit of Christ"

John 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

7) The "Spirit of Christ" is the "Holy Spirit" is the "Spirit of Truth"

John 14:26 But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring

all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

8) The Spirit of God visited His creation robed in flesh as the "Son".

I Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

9) The fullness of God is in Jesus Christ

Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Colossians 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

10) Jesus IS the "everlasting Father".

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

11) Those who believe that Jesus is a "separate person" from the "Father" don't really know Jesus at all.

John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the

Father; and how sayest thou [then], Shew us the Father?

1 Corinthians 2:8  Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

It was none other than the Lord of Glory, Jehovah Himself, on the cross.

There is a problem for those who believe a lie.

2 Thessalonians 2:11  And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12  That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Now, as an aside here, let me share something that I noticed.  If you take the phrase "a lie" and say it with a good southern accent it sounds like the false god of one of the false religions.  Is it not astounding that so many follow a religion where the name of their "god" is "a lie" (allah).  But I am dealing more with exposing counterfeit christianity rather than the other false religions.

It is essential to know and believe the truth.

John 4:24  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Isaiah 48:11  For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another.

God said that He would not give His Glory to another.  That really was Him, in the flesh, on the cross.

1 John 3:16  Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

According to the Bible God Himself laid down his life.   Does that mean that God died?   Keep in mind that God is the inventor  of life and death.  He can live and die as He pleases because He is God.

John 2:19  Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

20  Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

21  But he spake of the temple of his body.

22  When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

Jesus could raise Himself from the dead because He is God.  To God both life and death are under His complete control.  That is why as real Christians we can understand that it really was God Himself on the Cross, God manifest in the flesh.

Not some junior second person in a Roman god squad!

If Jesus was not God the Father, how could he have said:

John 14:9  Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

When they looked at Jesus, they saw God manifest in the flesh.

Acts 22:6 And it came to pass, that, as I made my journey, and was come nigh unto Damascus about noon, suddenly there shone from heaven a great light round about me.

Acts 22:7 And I fell unto the ground, and heard a voice saying unto me, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

Acts 22:8 And I answered, Who art thou, Lord? And he said unto me, I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom thou persecutest.

Notice that the Lord in heaven claimed to be Jesus of Nazareth! None other than the Lord Jesus Christ.

Acts 22:9 And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me.

Acts 22:10 And I said, What shall I do, Lord? And the Lord said unto me, Arise, and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told thee of all things which are appointed for thee to do.

Notice that the Lord (Jesus Christ) spoke to Paul/Saul.

Acts 22:11 And when I could not see for the glory of that light, being led by the hand of them that were with me, I came into Damascus.

Acts 22:12 And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt [there],

Acts 22:13 Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive thy sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him.

Acts 22:14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.

NOW NOTICE CAREFULLY PLEASE! He said that it was the "God of our

Fathers" that had chosen him, but we just read that it was "Jesus Christ" that chose him.  JESUS CHRIST is the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob.

Acts 22:15 For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard.

Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Also, notice, that just a few verses earlier that the "Lord" had declared His Name to be "Jesus of Nazareth".

Jesus Christ is NOT the "second person" in a Roman imaginary "god squad".   Jesus Christ is the "Everlasting Father".

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Jesus Christ is the "Mighty God", He is NOT the "second person" of the Roman Catholic trinity, as Satan and his preachers would have you to believe. 

Exodus 3:14  And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

John 8:58  Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

59  Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

The true Christian Church is the bride of one husband only, the bride of Jesus only.

Isaiah 9:6  For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

I hope this helps...

Some Christian music videos

Bound And Determined To Burn - Live At Billy's?? by WinterBand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5PnH38v4To

No Trinity On Me - by WinterBand  A Christian music video 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SLrQokwf_M

Hippie On Grandmas Wall - Live At the Vatican?? by WinterBand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmTxOxcdKco

Bro Steve Winter DD

For Bible doctrine http://biblefolk.com/forum/4

For Christian music http://www.winterband.com

2 0 +2
Bro Steve Winter DD
Bro Steve Winter DD May 13 '21
Here is the video:

1 0 +1
Richard and Wendy Stedman
I love this sermon so much! 
0 0 0
Bro Steve Winter DD
Bro Steve Winter DD Nov 11 '22

Quote from Richard and Wendy Stedman I love this sermon so much! 
Thank you for your kind words.

Bro Winter

0 0 0