Obedience is more important than praise in the Church | Forum

Bro Steve Winter DD
Bro Steve Winter DD Jun 20 '19

Obedience is more important than praise in the Church

There are many groups (including Oneness) in this hour that are very busy with praise but it is not built on a foundation of obedience but rather their Bible defying traditions

Acts 5:29 Then Peter and the [other] apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

Romans 2:8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

II Thessalonians 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,

II Thessalonians 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Hebrews 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

I Peter 4:17 For the time [is come] that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if [it] first [begin] at us, what shall the end [be] of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Romans 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

The book of Romans labels "non-obeyers" as "non-believers". 

Hebrews 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

By FAITH Noah OBEYED. 

Hebrews 11:8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

By FAITH Abraham OBEYED 

James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Notice the plan of salvation for "as many as the Lord our God shall call. 

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, [even] as many as the Lord our God shall call.

We see the absolute essential part of obedience in order to be a partaker in the free gift of salvation.

In the New Testament Church the old ceremonial sacrifice of the law has been replaced by the sacrifice of praise.

Psalms 141:2  Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.

Jeremiah 33:11  The voice of joy, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride, the voice of them that shall say, Praise the LORD of hosts: for the LORD is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: and of them that shall bring the sacrifice of praise into the house of the LORD. For I will cause to return the captivity of the land, as at the first, saith the LORD.

We can find confirmation in the New Testament as well regarding the sacrifice of praise in the New Testament Church.

Hebrews 13:15  By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

With appreciation of the importance of praise and worship to God, there is something that is of greater importance to the Lord Jesus, the one and only Bridegroom of the bride of Christ.  (A real bride, is the bride of ONE husband only, the real Church is the bride of only Jesus Christ Himself!)

Samuel 15:22  And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

There are many groups that are strong on praise and worship, but are conformed to the world in many areas, even embracing traditions that are contrary to the Word of God. They defy God's commandments regarding women and even let women lead in worship services and other sins like women speaking out during worship services.

I Corinthians 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

I Timothy 2:11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

James 4:4  Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

I believe that James speaks of spiritual adultery as well as physical sin.

As important as sacrifice (praise and worship) is, obedience is MORE Important.

Romans 12:2  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Bro. Steve Winter DD

http://biblefolk.com/forum/4

1 0 +1