Reprobate Mind | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
Valerie Hutchison
Valerie Hutchison May 17 '13

Romans 1:28-32 (KJV)

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

This happened after the beginning of the church we live in today?

Does this mean that if you have a reprobate mind there is no hope for salvation?

0 0 0
Bro Steve Winter DD
Bro Steve Winter DD May 17 '13
Quote from Valerie Hutchison

This happened after the beginning of the church we live in today?

Does this mean that if you have a reprobate mind there is no hope for salvation?

That would be up to God.  I believe such a one could still obey Acts 2:38 and become a Christian.  Those verses read like a current newspaper.  Here are some more along those lines.

2Thess 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 

2Thess 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 

2Thess 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. 

I believe that I have actually dealt with false-christian filth who have rejected Acts 2:38 once too often.

Regards

Bro. Winter

The Forum post is edited by Bro Steve Winter DD May 17 '13
1 0 +1
Dirk Human
Dirk Human Aug 29 '14
I was a reprobate filth myself but Jesus is merciful and just. At a time when I believed He threw me away, due to my sins, and I thought it good to just do as I wish for nothing else mattered, I remembered how I first loved Him when He came into my life. All was very confusing but today I understand that my concepts concerning Him had to change. I understand that what I previously understood about Him was all wrong and I needed to have walked the road I did in order to change my thinking and perceptions. I then repented, sought His face and at a time I never expected it He touched me again whilst I was alone in China but it only happened once I new Him differently than before.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that we should not think all to be hopeless regardless the situation or reasons we ourselves might believe we've been handed over to a reprobate mind.

Thank you Jesus. You saved my soul once again.
The Forum post is edited by Dirk Human Aug 29 '14
1 0 +1