The sin and shame of women speaking out in Church and women preachers | Forum

Bro Steve Winter DD

Let's review why women preachers AND those who support them might as well be practicing witchcraft.

1Tim 2:10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works. 

1Tim 2:11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 

1Tim 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 

1Tim 2:13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 

1Tim 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

From the Zodhiates' Study Bible Dictionary

2980. laleo aprol. form of an otherwise obsol. verb: to talk, i.e. utter words: preach, say, speak (after), talk, tell, utter, 

Notice carefully that though women are commanded not to laleo at all during a worship service, that there is also a situation where a man is also commanded not to laleo to the congregation.

We see here that women are ABSOLUTELY FORBIDDEN to laleo during a worship service:

1 Corinthians  14:34. Let your women keep <4601> silence <4601> in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak 2980>; but [they are commanded] to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

Notice also that if there is no interpreter that a man with the gift of tongues is commanded not to use that gift but to laleo to himself and to God.

1 Cor 14:28  But if there be no interpreter, let him keep <4601> silence <4601> in the church; and let him speak <2980> to himself, and to God.

Whereas women are commanded NEVER to laleo to the church,  men are commanded not to laleo under certain circumstances.  

Regardless of popular traditions, the simple fact is that "speak"(laleo) means "speak" and when the Bible says that women are not permitted to speak to the church during a worship service it simply says what it means and means what it says.

I Corinthians 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but [they are commanded] to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

I Corinthians 14:35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

Certainly "ask" in verse 35 doesn't mean "preach".  Speak means "speak"

When the same word "laleo" is used in the verse that limits men to three messages in tongues and further limits that to the situation where there is the gift of interpretation of tongues, it is definitely addressing the situation where the congregation is being addressed from the congregation and not from the pulpit.  The word "laleo" INCLUDES preaching but is NOT in any way limited to preaching.

1 Corinthians  14:34. Let your women keep <4601> silence <4601> in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak <2980>; but [they are commanded] to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

2980 laleo {lal-eh'-o}

a prolonged form of an otherwise obsolete verb; TDNT - 4:3/4:69,505; vb

AV  - speak (244) - say (15) - tell (12) - talk (11)

- preach (6) - utter (4) - misc (3) [295]

1) to utter a voice or emit a sound

2) to speak, i.e. to use the tongue or the faculty of speech; to

utter articulate sounds

3) to talk

4) to utter, tell

5) to use words in order to declare one's mind and disclose one's thoughts; to speak

4601 sigao {see-gah'-o}

from 4602; TDNT - omitted,omitted; vb

AV  - hold (one's) peace (4)

- keep silence (3)

- keep close (1)

- keep secret (1) [9]

1) to keep silence, hold one's peace; to be kept in silence, be concealed

Women are COMMANDED to "hold their peace" during a worship service.  They are COMMANDED not to "declare their thoughts".  They are COMMANDED not to "tell".

Notice carefully that there are also circumstances when MEN are commanded to keep silence and not give a message in tongues, and this is certainly NOT referring to preaching.  

1 Cor 14:28  But if there be no interpreter, let him keep <4601> silence <4601> in the church; and let him speak <2980> to himself, and to God.

It is a SIN for a woman to "testify" make a verbal "prayer request" or in ANY way address the congregation during a Christian worship service.  Such practices are REBELLIOUS TRADITIONS clearly forbidden by the Word of God.

Paul also went on to say:

I Corinthians 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

I Corinthians 14:38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

(This study uses the KJV, the Darby Bible and Strongs.

1Co  14:34 Let <4601> (0) your <5216> women <1135> keep silence <4601> (5720) in <1722> the churches <1577>: for <1063> it is <2010> (0) not <3756> permitted <2010> (5769) to them <846> to speak <2980> (5721); but <235> [they are commanded] to be under

obedience <5293> (5733), as <2531> also <2532> saith <3004>

(5719) the law <3551>.

* Let [your] women be silent in the assemblies, for it is not

permitted to them to speak; but to be in subjection, as the law also says.

4601 sigao {see-gah'-o}

from 4602;; v

AV - hold (one's) peace 4, keep silence 3, keep close 1, keep secret 1; 9

1) to keep silence, hold one's peace

2) to be kept in silence, be concealed

Synonyms

2270 - describes a quiet condition in general, inclusive of silence

4601 - describes a mental condition and its manifestation, esp. in speechlessness (silence from fear, grief, awe, etc.)

4623 - describes the more external and physical term, denotes abstinence from speech

When a pastor calls on a woman to address the congregation, speak, testify, or whatever you wanna call it during a worship service; he is in GROSS rebellion against the Word of God.

1Co  14:34 Let <4601> (0) your <5216> women <1135> keep silence <4601> (5720) in <1722> the churches <1577>: for <1063> it is <2010> (0) not <3756> permitted <2010> (5769) to them <846> to speak <2980> (5721); but <235> [they are commanded] to be under obedience <5293> (5733), as <2531> also <2532> saith <3004> (5719) the law <3551>.

* Let [your] women be silent in the assemblies, for it is not

permitted to them to speak; but to be in subjection, as the law also says.

2980 laleo {lal-eh'-o}

a prolonged form of an otherwise obsolete verb; TDNT - 4:69,505;v

AV - speak 244, say 15, tell 12, talk 11, preach 6, utter 4,

misc 3, vr speak 1; 296

1) to utter a voice or emit a sound

2) to speak

2a) to use the tongue or the faculty of speech

2b) to utter articulate sounds

3) to talk

4) to utter, tell

5) to use words in order to declare one's mind and disclose one's thoughts

5a) to speak

1 Cor 14:37   If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord. 

There are problems associated with defying the Word of God.  I can find no place in the Bible where tradition was accepted by God as a valid excuse for defying His CLEARLY WORDED commandments.

1 Sam 15:23   For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king. 

Notice carefully that there are also circumstances when MEN are commanded to keep silence (in respect to addressing the congregation) and not give a message in tongues, and this is certainly NOT referring to preaching.  

It is a SIN for a woman to "testify" make a verbal "prayer request" or in ANY way address the congregation during a Christian worship service.  Such practices are REBELLIOUS TRADITIONS clearly forbidden by the Word of God.

Paul also went on to say:

I Corinthians 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

I Corinthians 14:38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

When considering/observing peoples' attempts to defend their tradition of brazen defiance of the clearly worded commandments of God,  I think of verse 38.  I can't find that expression anywhere else.

It is a pathetic thing when men of God place their traditions above the Word of God and use their peers and traditions as their measuring stick rather than the Bible.   

I have often seen that once someone hardens their heart to an instruction or commandment of God that their attempts to justify and defend their rebellion can lead to more blatant open sin.  I've seen it more than once!

Psa 119:89   LAMED. For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. 

It is a sin for a woman to address the congregation during a worship service because the Bible forbids it, just as it is a sin for a woman to trim her hair.

The "excuse" is irrelevant.  Sin is sin.

When Moses struck the rock after God commanded him to speak to the rock the water still flowed, but Moses was still judged for his sins.

People have received the Holy Spirit in churches where the pastor was living in sin.   That did not justify the sin or remove the harm.

1 Corinthians 11:6  For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.

7  For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.

8  For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man.

9  Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

10  For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.

11  Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.

12  For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.

13  Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?

14  Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

15  But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

16  But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

Bro Steve Winter 

0 0 0
Ivy Vaughn
Ivy Vaughn May 6 '13

Do you believe its wrong for women to phrophesy?

0 0 0
Bro Steve Winter DD
Quote from Ivy Vaughn

Do you believe its wrong for women to phrophesy?

It is only sin for a woman to speak out during a formal worship service.  There are many more hours during a week that are not spent in a worship service.  The commandments for women in the Church keeping silence are regarding a worship service.

Regards,

Bro. Winter

0 0 0
Ivy Vaughn
Ivy Vaughn May 6 '13
Was'nt Anna in Luke chapter 2:36-38 In the temple when she gave thanks to God and spake of him to all of them that looked for redemption..
0 0 0
Bro Steve Winter DD

Luke 2:36 And there was one Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Aser: she was of a great age, and had lived with an husband seven years from her virginity;

37 And she was a widow of about fourscore and four years, which departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day.

38 And she coming in that instant gave thanks likewise unto the Lord, and spake of him to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem.

The Bible does not say that she spoke during services.  Also the New Testament Church had not started yet.

I Corinthians 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but [they are commanded] to be under obedience, as also saith the law.I Corinthians 14:35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

Is there something about "keep silence" or "shame" that you don't understand?

Bro. Winter

0 0 0
Ivy Vaughn
Ivy Vaughn May 6 '13
No sir!
0 0 0
Bro Steve Winter DD

In his letter to Timothy Paul gives us some more insight into why.

1Tim 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 

1Tim 2:13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 

1Tim 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. 

1Tim 2:15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety. 

While neither man or woman has greater value with God, there are clear distinctly different roles for each, such as a wife being commanded to obey her husband.

Regards,

Bro. Winter

0 0 0
Valerie Hutchison
Valerie Hutchison May 16 '13
Bro Steve

Do you believe it's wrong for woman to teach children Sunday School or Wednesday night Power Hour? 

0 0 0
Bro Steve Winter DD
Bro Steve Winter DD May 16 '13
Quote from Valerie Hutchison Bro Steve

Do you believe it's wrong for woman to teach children Sunday School or Wednesday night Power Hour? 

Women teaching children outside of a formal worship service is borderline except for the very young.  Women teaching (or speaking) during a formal worship service is sin.

1Tim 2:11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 1Tim 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 1Tim 2:13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 1Tim 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Regards,

Bro. Winter

0 0 0
Bro Steve Winter DD
Bro Steve Winter DD Mar 31 '14
I have noticed more than one rebellious witch and those who support them in their sin making reference to the fact that Deborah was a judge in Israel.

1. Deborah was not a preacher or a rabbi.

Judg 4:4 ¶And Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, she judged Israel at that time. Judg 4:5 And she dwelt under the palm tree of Deborah between Ramah and Beth–el in mount Ephraim: and the children of Israel came up to her for judgment.

2. Many things that were quite proper before the Church was born were sin in the New Testament Church (though there is no evidence that any woman was a rabbi or spoke out in any synagogue).  Polygamy comes to mind for example.

3. Deborah lived and died before the Church was born and the Word of God commanded sisters to hold their piece and forbade them to teach men.

1Cor 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. 1Cor 14:35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

1Tim 2:11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 1Tim 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 1Tim 2:13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 1Tim 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

1Cor 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

Bro Steve Winter http://biblefolk.com

0 0 0
Bro Steve Winter DD

If a preacher had hair down to his waist would you trust him with your soul? If not how can you support a preacher that calls on women to speak in the church or has them lead the service? It is the same SHAME that the Bible speaks of.

I Corinthians 11:14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? 

I Corinthians 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.  

35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church

What part about shame to these rebellious, Bible defying preachers not comprehend?

Bro. Steve Winter DD http://biblefolk.com/forum/4 ;

0 0 0
Bro Steve Winter DD
Bro Steve Winter DD Apr 26 '17
A preacher who lets women speak out in church is weak in the Word. 
0 0 0