Some would ignorantly try to use Deborah to justify their sin and rebellion | Forum

Bro Steve Winter DD
Bro Steve Winter DD Jul 31 '19

I have noticed that a lot of ignorant people try to justify the sin of women speaking out during worship services or the abomination of a woman leading worship or music by referring to Deborah in the Old Testament.

Judges 4:4 And Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, she judged Israel at that time.

5 And she dwelt under the palm tree of Deborah between Ramah and Beth–el in mount Ephraim: and the children of Israel came up to her for judgment.

Let us notice that she was NOT in the temple supplanting the priests or the Levites. 

Let us also consider that the commandment for women to keep silence in the Church had not yet been given as the New Testament Church was not yet born.

I Corinthians 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but [they are commanded] to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

I Corinthians 14:35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

1Tim 2:11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 

1Tim 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 

1Tim 2:13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 

1Tim 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

See? New Testament commandments.

I Corinthians 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

Would those who would use Deborah as justification for open defiance to the Word of God in modern churches also support polygamy and burnt offerings that were also appropriate and proper during Deborah's time?

Ignorance is not an acceptable excuse for sin in this hour.

Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

There are many things in the Old Testament that were perfectly acceptable then but are not acceptable now.  There are also many things that were sin and abomination that are STILL sin and abomination.

Bro. Steve Winter DD

http://biblefolk.com/forum/4

0 0 0