Spiritual Chastity - an unknown concept to too many! | Forum

Bro Steve Winter DD
Bro Steve Winter DD Jan 22 '16

Spiritual Chastity - an unknown concept to too many!

There is a generation that is devoid of the concept that there even be such a thing as spiritual chastity.   We even see the reprobate fringe of so called "oneness preachers" who see nothing wrong with attending trinitarian services.

Whos job is it to prove what is acceptable to God?  Some real spiritual big name preacher off somewhere else, right?  Let's have a look...

Romans 12:2  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and  acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

But notice the method whereby the Jesus Name baptised, Holy Ghost filled saint is to prove the acceptable and perfect will of God.

Now, does that say, "except for popular heathen holidays and popular fads, sports and traditions" be not conformed?  See also http://www.heathenholidays.com

Does the Word of God really say, "mix with the false brethren and polytheists, bear with them  and win them with your tolerance fellowship and love"?  or does it say:

2 Corinthians 6:17  Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

Paul was addressing some Jesus Name Baptised, Holy Ghost filled saints and he was afraid for them that they would be corrupted. Just what was this horrible thing that they were doing that Paul feared for their spiritual chastity (or fidelity in other words, that they would be INFIDELS)?   What was this horrible thing that Paul was so afraid they might do?

2 Corinthians 11:3  But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Looking back one verse...

2 Corinthians 11:2  For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Sure enough, Paul was fearing for their spiritual chastity, their spiritual fidelity.  So let us look at these two verses together

2 Corinthians 11:2  For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

2 Corinthians 11:3  But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

But before we look at this terrible thing that Paul is afraid they would do, let us first look at who might be the "high risk" group for such corruption that Paul is fearful of.  Let's back up just a few verses:

2 Corinthians 10:12 ¶ For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

The "high risk" group for spiritual infidelity will be a "mutual admiration society" commending themselves and measuring themselves by themselves, eh?

Now that we have come this far, what is this thing that Paul is so afraid that Jesus Name baptised, Holy Ghost filled saints might do that would render them spiritually corrupt, "unchaste" or "whorish".  What great evil would they need to do???

2 Corinthians 11:4  For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

What?! Just for bearing with someone like a trinity preacher or other false christian?  What???  Does it really say that a Jesus Name Baptised, Holy Ghost filled saint would be corrupted just for "bearing with" a deceiver?

Jesus is coming back for a separate and Holy, spiritually chaste bride.  

Here it is again, clearly "in context".

2 Corinthians 11:4  For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

There is nothing "loving" about spiritual corruption.

Just "bear with" a trinitarian teacher or other false christian is spiritual infidelity.

To "bear with" something is quite a passive act, eh?  Think of the effort required to merely "bear with" something.

In closing, let's look at Paul's mean old intolerant attitude towards deceivers.

2 Corinthians 11:12  But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we.

2 Corinthians 11:13  For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

2 Corinthians 11:14  And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

2 Corinthians 11:15  Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Let the real Children of God remain spiritually separate and chaste.

Real Christianity is not a watered down "passive" religion.

Mark 12:30  And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

The spiritually unchaste have not obeyed even the first commandment.

Bro Steve Winter 

For Bible doctrine http://biblefolk.com/forum/4

For Christian music http://www.winterband.com

1 0 +1