The use of the word Hallelujah. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
Dirk Human
Dirk Human Aug 29 '14
I was contacted by what I believe to be a brother in Holiness on Facebook. I copy his comments;

"Praise Jesus!! Bro. Dirkie Brother, I thank you for that most humble comment that you made on our photo. "Dirkie Human This is most beautiful. For me it speaks of a very deep love and understanding of how precious Jesus is. It speaks of assurance, faith, but most of all a confidence in Jesus the world know nothing about. Glory Hallelujah!"

But, I deleted it; Because I do not use that word. Thank You Jesus... Is The Highest Praise.

and he also said

"Yes Sir., Study what I sent you. That may be a help to you. Hallelu: means praise... jah is a moon god *(Heb 13:15 By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.) *(giving thanks to his name) "Thank You Jesus" or "Thanks to Jesus" Is giving thanks to his name."

Of course this is not the whole discussion but I'd like to have your input please.

Personally I always understood Yah or Jah like this;

JAH: יה, JAH, is an abbreviation of יהוה, JEHOVAH and signifies self-existence. - He who derives his being from none, but gives being to all.

Now to me this has always been significant as God's SELF-EXISTENCE  has always been something I revere Jesus for. So for me using the word "Hallelujah" brings to my attention God's self-existence.

Rev 19:6  And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.

Psa 68:4  Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him.

Thank you.

0 0 0
Bro Steve Winter DD
Bro Steve Winter DD Aug 29 '14
I say "Hallelu Jesus" or "Alleluia Jesus" just for that reason.  I believe that Alleluia is different.

The word Hallelujah does not appear in the entire KJV Bible even once.

Alleluia however, appears 4 times and is used in a positive way.
Regards,Bro Winter

0 0 0