The water quality is not the measuring stick! | Forum

Bro Steve Winter DD
Bro Steve Winter DD Jan 22 '17

The water quality is not the measuring stick!

There are many Oneness Pentecostal preachers today acting in open rebellion to the Word of God regarding many things including the rank sin of women speaking out during Church services.  The Bible could not be much clearer about that.

I Corinthians 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. 

35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church...

37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

I Timothy 2:11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.  

12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.  

13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.  

14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. 

Now how knowing those verses are in the Bible, can anyone calling himself a man of God brazenly and in blatant defiance to the Word of God have women leading worship services or calling on women to speak out during worship services?

Well, traditions even rebellious sinful traditions can be a powerful thing.  Look at how so many otherwise holy preachers brazenly wallow with the world in every heathen holiday.

Maybe it is because they feel and see the Spirit of God moving in such services?  We need to remember that when Moses rebelled against God and struck the rock that water still flowed to quench the thirst of God's people. There was nothing wrong with the water!

Numbers 20:7 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,  

8 Take the rod, and gather thou the assembly together, thou, and Aaron thy brother, and speak ye unto the rock before their eyes; and it shall give forth his water, and thou shalt bring forth to them water out of the rock: so thou shalt give the congregation and their beasts drink...  

11 And Moses lifted up his hand, and with his rod he smote the rock twice: and the water came out abundantly, and the congregation drank, and their beasts also.  

12 ¶And the Lord spake unto Moses and Aaron, Because ye believed me not, to sanctify me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore ye shall not bring this congregation into the land which I have given them. 

Note that God commanded Moses to speak to the rock but Moses DEFIED the Word of God and smote the rock.  Even though the man of God blatantly DEFIED the Word of God, the water still flowed.  The Bible NEVER says that anything was wrong with the water.

If all anyone did was measure the water quality then the rank sin and rebellion of that man of God would never have come to light.

If all anyone measures is whether God pours out His Spirit or how they happen to feel then the modern sin and rebellion of many pastors will never come to light.

There was one real Oneness Church (UPC affiliated) where people received the Baptism of the Holy Ghost during a time it was later discovered that the pastor had been committing adultery with more than one married sister in the Church.  That did NOT justify his sin and rebellion!!!

Don't just judge the water quality when God declares something to be sin like women speaking out in Church.

Bro. Steve Winter DD

http://biblefolk.com/forum/4

0 0 0