False-christian preachers abuse Ephesians to deceive the ignorant  | Forum

Bro Steve Winter DD
Bro Steve Winter DD Sep 16 '13

False-christian preachers abuse Ephesians to deceive the ignorant 

Many of the representatives of false Christianity today will quote from the book of Ephesians to explain how they are Christian even though they have never met any of the Biblical criteria for Christianity.  Some are audacious enough to suggest that they disobey the commandments of God, so that they will not "cheapen" God's grace. 

I suppose they would accuse Noah of cheapening God's grace by obeying and building an Ark.

Genesis 6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

Genesis 6:22 Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he.

Genesis 7:23 And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained [alive], and they that [were] with him in the ark.

* Here are some of the verses from Ephesians that the false preachers will attempt to use to deceive the gullible. *

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

I would call your attention to the founding of the Ephesian Church (to whom these verses were addressed in a letter from Paul, the book of Ephesians is a letter that Paul wrote to a church that he founded in Acts 19., according to Acts 2:38).

Acts 19:1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,  

Acts 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

Acts 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.

Acts 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

Acts 19:5 When they heard [this], they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Acts 19:6 And when Paul had laid [his] hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

Acts 19:7 And all the men were about twelve.

Acts 19:8 And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God. 

Acts 19:9 But when divers were hardened, and believed not, but spake evil of that way before the multitude, he departed from them, and separated the disciples, disputing daily in the school of one Tyrannus.

There are still many who "speak evil" of the way of the apostles

which Paul refers to as "the word of the Lord Jesus."

Acts 19:10 And this continued by the space of two years; so that all they which dwelt in Asia heard the word of the Lord Jesus, both Jews and Greeks.

The Apostles equated the Acts 2:38 plan of salvation (preached by

Peter on Jesus' authority) with the "word of the Lord Jesus".

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, [even] as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Galatians 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any [man]

preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Galatians 1:10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

* But the world just loves their false preachers!!! *

II Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

II Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

II Timothy 4:4 And they shall turn away [their] ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Bro. Steve Winter

#christian #christianity #philosophy #apostolic #religion #pentecostal #jesus #christ #bible #biblestudy #catholic #biblestudy #bible #jesus #christ

0 0 0