Stupid faith | Forum

Bro Steve Winter DD

Stupid faith

Many in this day and hour display tremendous faith.   Consider the faith of the atheists who are some of the most zealous in defending their religion of their faith in themselves as gods.  Even greater faith is displayed by the islamic terrorist who is willing to strap on a bomb and commit suicide to please their non existant moon god.   What is the point you might be asking?  Is their faith somehow not real faith?  Their faith is very very real and stronger than the faith of many real Acts 2:38 Christians.  The problem is that their faith is stupid faith.  They believe a lie.

True sincere belief can be very very wrong if it is stupid faith or stupid belief if it is not consistant with the Bible.

I Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;  

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

Just as an aside, have you encountered false-christians who want to play "christian" while disregarding Paul as somehow irrelevant?

II Peter 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; 

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.  

17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness. 

Note that the Apostle Peter counts Paul's epistles as scripture and does not speak highly of the ignorant.

Now I said all that to get to this.  The Bible has the strongest of warnings against trinity polytheism, triunity etc. or anything even remotely similar. 

Colossians 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.  

9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.  

10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: 

There are many other scriptures that prove that Jesus Christ is God and not some member of a Roman god squad.

I Corinthians 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.  

29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

The trinitarian rejects the Name of Jesus in water baptism.  They don't really believe in the Jesus of the Bible.  Their faith is stupid faith and they are headed to an eternity with the atheists and the muslims and everyone else who has faith in stupid garbage.  Their sincerity is irrelevant.

I hope this helps...

Bro. Steve Winter 

http://biblefolk.com/forum/4 

#faith #pentecostal #salvation #christian #christianity #apostolic #biblestudy #jesus #trinity #baptist #methodist #presbyterian #anabaptist #polytheism #monotheism

0 0 0