Why real Christians are commanded to curse false preachers | Forum

Bro Steve Winter DD
Bro Steve Winter DD Oct 16 '13

The Bible does give instructions on how Christians are to relate to deceivers, those who teach a false doctrine.

I believe that we need not lose track of the bottom line, regardless of any formality, and that is, the accursedness of any preacher that is preaching other than the Acts 2:38 message.

Technically the word translated as accursed means nailed up on the church wall.  "If any man comes preaching any other doctrine, nail him up on the wall of the church" or "let him be nailed up on the wall of the church." I am only pointing this out for academic purposes as I feel that a verbal curse with much prayer is a much more appropriate obedience to the verses.  This also has an excellent built in "fuse" as it were, that the Lord will not grant a prayer request that is in error.  I believe that our consideration should be more the realization of the accursedness of the false preacher rather than getting hung up over who prays the prayer.

Gal 1: 8 But though <1437> we, or <2228> an angel <32> from heaven <3772>, preach <2097> any other gospel <2097> unto you than <3844> that which <3739> we have preached <2097> unto you, let him be accursed <331>.

331 anathema {an-ath'-em-ah} from 394; TDNT - 1:353,57; n n 

AV - accursed (4) 

- anathema (1) 

- bind under a great curse + 332 (1) [6]

1) a thing set up or laid by in order to be kept; specifically an

offering resulting from a vow, which after being consecrated to a god

was hung upon the walls or columns of the temple, or put in some

other conspicuous place.

2) a thing devoted to God without hope of being redeemed, and if an animal, to be slain; therefore a person or thing doomed to destruction. 

2a) a curse

2b) a man accursed, devoted to the direst of woes.

I believe that my perception of Gal 1:8 is quite accurate and

preferable to other possible considerations, like for instance:

If any man preach another gospel:

1. Hang him up on the church wall or some other conspicuous place.

2. Slay him.

3. Destroy him.

That simply would not be proper Christian behaviour and would violate many Biblical principles (not to mention several laws

of the land which Christians are to obey). But, we as Christians are to commit such details to God in prayer.

I believe that praying a curse against such a person is the only acceptable, proper Christian approach to take.  Of course some groups that measure themselves among themselves and as a natural result of that begin to "bear with" those who preach "another Jesus" (for example the "false Jesus" of the trinitarians), soon begin to regard the trinitarians and such like as "wayward brethren" rather than "accursed children".(not saying that they are beyond repentance, but we are talking about preachers and teachers here).

II Corinthians 10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

II Corinthians 10:13 But we will not boast of things without [our] measure, but according to the measure of the rule which God hath distributed to us, a measure to reach even unto you.

II Corinthians 10:14 For we stretch not ourselves beyond [our measure], as though we reached not unto you: for we are come as far as to you also in [preaching] the gospel of Christ:

(Just as an added bonus, ponder these next 3 verses in light of what you know has happened recently in regards to practices  and attitudes of many lukewarm compromisers in some of the big organizations.) 

II Corinthians 10:15 Not boasting of things without [our] measure, [that is], of other men's labours; but having hope, when your faith is increased, that we shall be enlarged by you according to our rule abundantly,

II Corinthians 10:16 To preach the gospel in the [regions] beyond you, [and] not to boast in another man's line of things made ready to our hand.

II Corinthians 10:17 But he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

II Corinthians 10:18 For not he that commendeth himself is approved, but whom the Lord commendeth.

II Corinthians 11:1 Would to God ye could bear with me a little in [my] folly: and indeed bear with me.

II Corinthians 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present [you as] a chaste virgin to Christ.

II Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

II Corinthians 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or [if] ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with [him].

Notice carefully that the ones that measure themselves among themselves are also a "high risk" group as far as "bearing with"

those that preach "another Jesus" (not to mention trying to steal another preachers work, eh?  did you notice that before?)

God DOES NOT want his people to even "bear with" trinitarian preachers.  Your Bible says "let them be accursed", so don't get

sidetracked into the mechanics so much that you lose track of the accursedness of these false preachers.

What if I was totally wrong?  Would a trinitarian preacher be more or less accused?  If God was saying "I will curse them", would my saying "I curse you" lessen the curse upon that person?  Would God hold me accountable for agreeing in prayer and in public concerning the accursedness of one that He had declared "accursed"?  Will God hold me accountable for praying that His Word be manifest in a direct manner? 

Bro. sTeve Winter 

#trinity #pentecostal #monotheism #christian #religion #salvation #jesus #biblestudy #accursed #prayer

0 0 0