The O word, OBEDIENCE. Non-obeyers are non-believers scripturally | Forum

Bro Steve Winter DD
Bro Steve Winter DD Feb 21 '15

It is by grace that we are an offered a plan of salvation that can be obeyed.

Noah was (through GRACE) given the option to obey God and save himself and those that would join him in obedience.

Genesis 6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

Matthew 24:37 But as the days of Noe [were], so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Luke 17:26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

Acts 5:29 Then Peter and the [other] apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

Romans 2:8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

Just pause a second and contemplate that last verse.  Yet the cults will blindly blither on teaching that obedience isn't necessary! 

II Thessalonians 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,

II Thessalonians 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

It does not matter what someone thinks if they do not OBEY the Gospel! 

Most who do not obey will think that they don't need to!  It's the false preachers' job to convince people like you that you're OK even if you disobey God and reject Jesus Name baptism.

Hebrews 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

I Peter 4:17 For the time [is come] that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if [it] first [begin] at us, what shall the end [be] of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Romans 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias

saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

* The book of Romans labels "non-obeyers" as "non-believers". *

Hebrews 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

* By FAITH Noah OBEYED. *

Hebrews 11:8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

* By FAITH Abraham OBEYED *

James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only,

deceiving your own selves.

* Notice the plan of salvation for "as many as the Lord our God

shall call. *

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, [even] as many as the Lord our God shall call.

* Notice the Biblical position towards those who would modify

the original Apostolic Plan of salvation. *

Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Galatians 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any [man]preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Galatians 1:10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.      

Bro Steve Winter

For Bible doctrine http://biblefolk.com/forum/4

For Christian music http://www.winterband.com

0 0 0